Chippewa Falls in Chippewa County, Wisconsin — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Pioneer Norwegian Log Home
Around 1880, Ole had applied for a Homestead in the Chippewa County township of Colburn, nine miles east of Cornell. The log home was built at that site and lived in by Ole and Mari until their deaths in 1905 and 1908. Their descendants occupied it until 1953.
In February of 1979 the Clement Bayerl family, a great-grandson of Ole Bjerke, donated the log home to the Chippewa County Historical Society. It was moved to this site by the Mitchell House Moving Company and restored to pioneer standards by Mike Young. The CC Historical Society furnished the log home and in 1987 donated it to the City of Chippewa Falls for Irvine Park.
Marker Sign #24
Erected by the Chippewa County Historical Society. (Marker Number 24.)
Location. 44° 57.181′ N, 91° 24.19′ W. Marker is in Chippewa Falls, Wisconsin, in Chippewa County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Ermatinger Drive and Wolfe Drive, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Sunny Valley School (a few steps from this marker); Bear Den Road Bridge (approx. ¼ mile away); William Irvine (approx. 0.3 miles away); In Memory of Old Abe (approx. 0.4 miles away); Irvine Park Drive Bridge (approx. 0.4 miles away); The Chippewa Valley Electric Railway Co. (approx. half a mile away); Northern Wisconsin State Fair (approx. 0.6 miles away); The Jacob Leinenkugel Brewing Company (approx. 0.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Chippewa Falls.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 22, 2011, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin. This page has been viewed 915 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on June 22, 2011, by Keith L of Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin.