Williamsport in Lycoming County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected 1947 by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.
Location. 41° 15.021′ N, 76° 58.901′ W. Marker is in Williamsport, Pennsylvania, in Lycoming County. Marker is at the intersection of Washington Boulevard and River Avenue, on the right when traveling west on Washington Boulevard. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 405 River Avenue, Williamsport PA 17701, United States of America. Touch for directions.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Benjamin Heck Crever (approx. 0.6 miles away); Ross/Brown Homes (approx. one mile away); Little League • Big Legacy (approx. 1.2 miles away); Market Square (approx. 1.2 miles away); Lycoming College (approx. 1.2 miles away); Lycoming County (approx. 1.3 miles away); Symbols Of Our Heritage (approx. 1.3 miles away); Civil War Memorial (approx. 1.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Williamsport.
Also see . . .
1. Williamsport Begins | News of Yesteryear. American history is filled with rags-to-riches stories of great achievers and great personages, and local history is no exception. Michael Ross, the reputed founder of the City of Williamsport, is one of those stories. (Submitted on June 28, 2011, by PaulwC3 of Northern, Virginia.)
2. City of Williamsport - History. (Submitted on June 28, 2011, by PaulwC3 of Northern, Virginia.)
3. Williamsport - Behind the Marker. ExplorePAHistory.com (Submitted on July 20, 2011, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Political Subdivisions •
More. Search the internet for Williamsport.
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 28, 2011, by PaulwC3 of Northern, Virginia. This page has been viewed 404 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on June 28, 2011, by PaulwC3 of Northern, Virginia. 3. submitted on June 19, 2011, by PaulwC3 of Northern, Virginia.