Cincinnati in Hamilton County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Maj. Gen. Arthur St. Clair
1736 - 1818
1736 - 1818
The city of Cincinnati was named by General St. Clair
Hamilton County was created by
His proclamation Jan. 4, 1790
First governor of the Northwest Territory Oct. 5, 1787
Major General in the American Revolution
Erected 1935 by the Cincinnati Chapter Daughters of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 39° 9.175′ N, 84° 32.173′ W. Marker is in Cincinnati, Ohio, in Hamilton County. Marker is at the intersection of Central Parkway (U.S. 127) and Ludlow Avenue, on the right when traveling north on Central Parkway. Touch for map. This historical marker is a plaque that is affixed to a half buried boulder, that is located on a traffic island at the northern end of where the Central Parkway ends in a "T" intersection with Ludlow Avenue. Marker is in this post office area: Cincinnati OH 45220, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Ludlow's Station (approx. 0.6 miles away); Boyhood Home of Dr. Winthrop Smith Sterling (approx. 1.2 The Jacob Rader Marcus Center of the American Jewish Archives (approx. 1.3 miles away); Hebrew Union College - Jewish Institute of Religion (approx. 1.4 miles away); Manning Ferguson Force Memorial (approx. 1˝ miles away); First Glass Door Oven (approx. 1˝ miles away); Albert Washington (approx. 2.2 miles away); Edison R. "Big Ed" Thompson (approx. 2.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Cincinnati.
Categories. • Notable Persons •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 1, 2011, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page has been viewed 619 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on July 1, 2011, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio.