Poland in Mahoning County, Ohio — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Poland Village Hall
This building was built in 1923 as the Poland Village Hall, and originally housed the Village Fire and Police Departments. The Poland Library was located on the second floor in the 1950's. In 1964, the Village offices and Police Department were relocated to another building about a block away and the Poland Library also moved out of the building. That same year, the building was moved closer to Main street and further Southeast from its' [sic] current location so that two bays for fire engines could be added. In 1984, the Poland Village Fire Department became part of the Western Reserve Joint Fire District. In late 2005, major renovations which took place included a new pitched roof which was added to the top of the 1964 addition. The front entranceway was redesigned in accordance with ADA guidelines.
This building was moved to the south and the north bays were added in 1964. The construction was funded, in part, through a gift by the Poland Firemen's Association. The addition was dedicated on Saturday, May 22, 1965.
[List of Officials]
This building was renovated in 2005-2006 by the residents of Poland Village and Township
[List of Officials]
Location. 41° 1.413′ N, 80° 36.775′ W. Marker is in Poland, Ohio, in Mahoning County. Marker is on Main Street near College Street, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 111 South Main Street, Youngstown OH 44514, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Old Stone Tavern (a few steps from this marker); President William McKinley's Boyhood Home (within shouting distance of this marker); Peterson Park and Clock Tower (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The History of Poland (about 300 feet away); Four Heroic Chaplains (approx. 0.2 miles away); Poland Academy and Poland Seminary (approx. 0.2 miles away); Old Cemetery (approx. 0.4 miles away); Judge Turhand Kirtland (approx. 0.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Poland.
Also see . . .
1. History of Poland Township. (Submitted on July 4, 2011, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
2. History of the Western Reserve Joint Fire District. (Submitted on July 4, 2011, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 4, 2011, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 398 times since then and 12 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 4, 2011, by William Fischer, Jr. of Scranton, Pennsylvania.