Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Freeland in Luzerne County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Saints Peter and Paul Lutheran Church

 
 
Saints Peter and Paul Lutheran Church Marker image. Click for full size.
By Kevin W., June 12, 2011
1. Saints Peter and Paul Lutheran Church Marker
Inscription. The first Slovak Evangelical Lutheran congregation in the Western Hemisphere was organized mainly by Michael Zemany, pioneer Slovak Lutheran. The first service was conducted on February 22, 1883. Present church building, remodeled later, was erected in 1886.
 
Erected 1971 by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.
 
Location. 41° 0.881′ N, 75° 53.768′ W. Marker is in Freeland, Pennsylvania, in Luzerne County. Marker is on Washington Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 339 Washington St, Freeland PA 18224, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Laborerís Double Dwelling (approx. 2.5 miles away); Exploring the Corridor (approx. 2.5 miles away); Eckley Minersí Village (approx. 2.5 miles away); a different marker also named Eckley Minersí Village (approx. 2.5 miles away); a different marker also named Eckley Miners' Village (approx. 2.5 miles away); Lattimer Massacre (approx. 4.1 miles away); a different marker also named Lattimer Massacre (approx. 4.1 miles away); Lehigh Path (was approx. 5.1 miles away but has been reported missing. ).
 
Categories. Churches, Etc.
 
Saints Peter and Paul Lutheran Church and Marker image. Click for full size.
By Kevin W., June 12, 2011
2. Saints Peter and Paul Lutheran Church and Marker
Saints Peter and Paul Lutheran Church Entrance image. Click for full size.
By Kevin W., June 12, 2011
3. Saints Peter and Paul Lutheran Church Entrance
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 5, 2011, by Kevin W. of Stafford, Virginia. This page has been viewed 510 times since then and 40 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3. submitted on July 5, 2011, by Kevin W. of Stafford, Virginia.
Paid Advertisement