New City in Rockland County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
New Hempstead Presbyterian Church
New Hempstead Presbyterian
called the English Church
by Dutch Settlers. Rebuilt
1827. Washington’s troops
camped on this ground.
Erected by New York State.
Location. 41° 8.973′ N, 74° 1.942′ W. Marker is in New City, New York, in Rockland County. Marker is at the intersection of New Hempstead Road and Old Schoolhouse Road, on the right when traveling west on New Hempstead Road. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 484 New Hempstead Road, New City NY 10956, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The English Meeting House (within shouting distance of this marker); Shady Side Farm (approx. 0.9 miles away); Brick Church (approx. 1.8 miles away); Martinus Hogenkamp Cemetery (approx. 1.9 miles away); Collyer Farm Pond and New City Park (approx. 2 miles away); Rockland County Korea - World War II - Vietnam Monument (approx. 2.2 miles away); Rockland County Veterans Monument (approx. 2.2 miles away); Rockland County Law Enforcement Memorial (approx. 2.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in New City.
Categories. • Churches & Religion • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 5, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 478 times since then and 22 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on July 5, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.