Mills River in Henderson County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Gun Shop & Forge
Erected 1990 by Division of Archives and History. (Marker Number P 28.)
Location. 35° 23.463′ N, 82° 34.095′ W. Marker is in Mills River, North Carolina, in Henderson County. Marker is at the intersection of South Mills River Road (County Route 1338) and Boylston Highway (North Carolina Highway 280), on the right when traveling east on South Mills River Road. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Mills River NC 28759, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Edgar W. ("Bill") Nye (approx. 4.7 miles away); Calvary Church Episcopal (approx. 5 miles away); Robert E. Lee (approx. 5 miles away); Edgar Wilson Nye (approx. 5 miles away); a different marker also named Edgar Wilson Nye (approx. 5 miles away); Calvary Episopal Church (approx. 5.1 miles away); Jefferson Davis (approx. 5.1 miles away); James Whitcomb Riley (approx. 5.1 miles away).
Also see . . . Gun Shop & Forge Essay. North Carolina Highway Historical Marker Program, Department of Cultural Resources (Submitted on July 11, 2011, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.)
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 7, 2011, by Michael Sitton of Potsdam, New York. This page has been viewed 290 times since then. Photo 1. submitted on July 7, 2011, by Michael Sitton of Potsdam, New York. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. A wide shot of the marker and its surroundings. • Can you help?