The first sawmill was located near this sight and was built of wooden framework. Later, in 1882, D.W. Hammond built a gristmill at this location. Stones quarried from Millville Canyon were used for its construction. The stones in this monument are some of the original stones used in that mill.
This monument is erected in memory of the pioneers who first settled the town of Millville. They were men and women of great courage.
This monument was designed an erected as an Eagle Scout service project by Jeffrey Lewis John, Spring 1987. Special thanks to the many citizens of Millville and other who assisted in so many ways.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Old Rock Church (approx. 2 miles away); The Providence Players (approx. 2 miles away); Providence Pioneers (approx. 2 miles away); Cache County Relic Hall (approx. 3.4 miles away); 75 South Main (approx. 3.5 miles away); Thatcher-Young Mansion (approx. 3.5 miles away); Bullen Center (approx. 3.5 miles away); 5 South Main (approx. 3.6 miles away).
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 10, 2011, by Vincent Cascio of Logan, Utah. This page has been viewed 394 times since then and 29 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 10, 2011, by Vincent Cascio of Logan, Utah. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.