Garrison in Putnam County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
are the north and south
redoubts, built in 1778,
for the defense of the
Highlands against British.
Erected 1935 by New York State Education Department.
Location. 41° 22.443′ N, 73° 54.761′ W. Marker is in Garrison, New York, in Putnam County. Marker is on Albany Post Road (U.S. 9), on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is on Route 9, about 3½ miles north of the Putnam County line. Marker is in this post office area: Garrison NY 10524, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Connecticut Camps (approx. 1.4 miles away); South Redoubt (approx. 1.6 miles away); Mandevilleís (approx. 1.7 miles away); Garrison Veterans Memorial (approx. 1.9 miles away); Twin Redoubts (approx. 1.9 miles away); Arnoldís Flight (approx. 1.9 miles away); Beverley Robinsonís House (approx. 2 miles away); Robinson House (approx. 2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Garrison.
Categories. • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 10, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 356 times since then and 9 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 10, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.