New Oxford in Adams County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Erected 1947 by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.
Location. 39° 51.711′ N, 77° 4.142′ W. Marker is in New Oxford, Pennsylvania, in Adams County. Marker is on York Road (U.S. 30), on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Located east of Turkey Lane. Marker is in this post office area: New Oxford PA 17350, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Road Versus Rail (approx. half a mile away); Gettysburg Campaign (approx. half a mile away); a different marker also named Gettysburg Campaign (approx. 2.1 miles away); a different marker also named Gettysburg Campaign (approx. 4.7 miles away); The Beginning of the Lincoln Highway (approx. 4.8 miles away); John Abbott (approx. 4.8 miles away); Army of the Potomac (approx. 5.1 miles away); Jacob Grass Hotel (approx. 5.1 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in New Oxford.
Regarding Conewago Chapel. National Register of Historic Places:
Conewago Chapel (added
♦ Also known as Basilica of the Sacred Heart of Jesus
♦ 3 mi. NW of Hanover, Conewago Township , Hanover
♦ Historic Significance: Architecture/Engineering, Event
♦ Architect, builder, or engineer: Unknown
♦ Architectural Style: Federal
♦ Area of Significance: Architecture, Religion
♦ Period of Significance: 1850-1874, 1750-1799
♦ Historic Function: Religion
♦ Historic Sub-function: Religious Structure
♦ Current Function: Religion
♦ Current Sub-function: Religious Structure
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 12, 2011, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 880 times since then and 4 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on July 12, 2011, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. 4. submitted on July 13, 2011, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. 5. submitted on August 13, 2011, by Henry T. McLin of Hanover, Pennsylvania.