Macon in Bibb County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Vineville United Methodist Church
South Georgia Conference
—February 12, 2006 —
Vineville United Methodist Church, the oldest daughter of Mulberry Street United Methodist Church, was begun in 1846 to serve wealthy planners of the village of Vineville, just outside Macon. It has been located on this site since 1897. The current sanctuary was completed in 1926, and additional structures have been erected since then. Devoted to evangelism, Vineville has been instrumental in the establishment of numerous other United Methodist churches in the city. Home to three former bishops of the church, Vineville is actively engaged in home and foreign missions and is an integral part of the Macon community. The church’s humble prayer is to continue to serve the Lord with gladness and boundless energy.
Location. 32° 50.599′ N, 83° 39.105′ W. Marker is in Macon, Georgia, in Bibb County. Marker is at the intersection of Vinevile Avenue (U.S. 41) and Forest Avenue, on the right when traveling west on Vinevile Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 2045 Vineille Avenue, Macon GA 31204, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. St. Peter Claver Catholic Church and School (about 800 feet away, measured in a direct line); Site: Wesleyan College Wesleyan College (approx. 0.8 miles away); Mercer University (approx. 0.9 miles away); Oak Ridge Cemetery (approx. 0.9 miles away); a different marker also named Oak Ridge Cemetery (approx. one mile away); Unknown, But Not Forgotten (approx. one mile away); Birthplace of Sidney Lanier (approx. one mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Macon.
Regarding Vineville United Methodist Church. The Vineville United Methodist Church is identified as Historic Site No. 423 by the General Commission on Archives & History, The United Methodist Church.
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 12, 2018. This page originally submitted on July 12, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 682 times since then and 22 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on July 12, 2011, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.