Greensburg in Decatur County, Indiana — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
Colonel Thomas Hendricks / Elizabeth Trimble Hendricks
Colonel Thomas Hendricks
Veteran of the War of 1812
Founded this Town in 1821
He built the first cabin and donated one
hundred acres of ground to the new town
- - - + - + - - -
On June 14, 1822
Elizabeth Trimble Hendricks
wife of Colonel Thomas Hendricks
named Greensburg for Her
Native town in Pennsylvania
Erected by Daughters of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution marker series.
Location. 39° 20.229′ N, 85° 28.991′ W. Marker is in Greensburg, Indiana, in Decatur County. Marker is on North Franklin Street north of East Main Street (U.S. 421), on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Located at the East entrance to the Decatur County Courthouse in Greensburg, Indiana. Marker is at or near this postal address: 150 East Washington Street, Greensburg IN 47240, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Decatur County All Wars Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); The Naegel Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Decatur County Civil War Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Donnell -V.- State, 1852 (within shouting distance of this marker); Spanish American War Veterans (within shouting distance of this marker); Decatur County Court House (within shouting distance of this marker); Civil War General John T. Wilder (approx. ¼ mile away); Veterans Memorial (approx. 1.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Greensburg.
Additional keywords. Tree growing out of Courthouse roof.
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 19, 2011, by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana. This page has been viewed 868 times since then and 33 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. submitted on July 19, 2011, by Al Wolf of Veedersburg, Indiana. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.