Medford in Burlington County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
January 1777 while drying
a shipment of gunpowder
rejected by Washington’s
Valley Forge Quartermaster.
Erected by Medford Historic Advisory Board. (Marker Number 6.)
Location. 39° 53.326′ N, 74° 48.782′ W. Marker is in Medford, New Jersey, in Burlington County. Marker is on Branin Road south of Chapel Avenue, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is located on the east side of Branin Road, just south of the mailbox for 15 Branin Road,. Marker is in this post office area: Medford NJ 08055, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The John Peacock House (approx. 0.4 miles away); Stratton Burying Ground (approx. half a mile away); Glassworkers’ Homes (approx. 0.6 miles away); Star Glass Works (approx. 0.6 miles away); Braddock’s Landing (approx. 0.7 miles away); The Dr. R. S. Braddock House (approx. 0.7 miles away); Cross Keys School (approx. 0.7 miles away); The Stratton/Braddock House (approx. 0.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Medford.
Also see . . . Historic Sites in Medford, NJ. West Jersey History Project website. (Submitted on July 24, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
Categories. • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 24, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 500 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on July 24, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.