Mullan in Shoshone County, Idaho — The American West (Mountains)
History of Lookout Pass
The U.S. Forest Service detailed a CCC crew to construct a lodge using a rustic design. When it was dedicated on Dec. 7, 1941, it became the second oldest ski lodge in the Pacific Northwest. The original lodge is still in use and is the center section of the lodge building behind this sign.
The Lookout Pass Ski Patrol is also one of the original National Ski Patrol member organizations with the registration number 009. This award winning group of volunteers has served the ski area continuously for over 70 years. Lookout's famous Free Ski School for kids was founded by the Lookout Pass Free Ski School organization in 1942. This is the longest running ski school of its kind in the nation whose dedicated volunteers have taught thousands of area youth
Lookout Pass is on the divide that creates the Idaho – Montana state line. The ski area is one of three national ski areas where skiers can ski in two states.
Location. 47° 27.359′ N, 115° 41.819′ W. Marker is in Mullan, Idaho, in Shoshone County. Marker can be reached from Exit 0 (Interstate 90). Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Mullan ID 83846, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Willow Creek Slide (approx. 1.8 miles away); Lead-Silver Mines (approx. 1.8 miles away); The Trail Follows the Trains (approx. 5 miles away in Montana); St. Paul Pass Tunnel (approx. 5 miles away in Montana); The Route of the Hiawatha (approx. 5 miles away in Montana); Substation 13 (approx. 5 miles away in Montana); Life Along the Line (approx. 5 miles away in Montana); The Wickedest City (approx. 5 miles away in Montana). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Mullan.
Also see . . . Lookout Pass. (Submitted on July 29, 2011, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.)
Categories. • Settlements & Settlers • Sports •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 29, 2011, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia. This page has been viewed 784 times since then and 65 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on July 29, 2011, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.