DeLand in Volusia County, Florida — The American South (South Atlantic)
Early Grocery Stores
Erected by the West Volusia Historical Society.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Florida, West Volusia Historical Society marker series.
Location. 29° 1.78′ N, 81° 18.216′ W. Marker is in DeLand, Florida, in Volusia County. Marker is on North Woodland Boulevard (U.S. 17/92) south of Rich Avenue, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. The marker is mounted on the front of the building. Marker is at or near this postal address: 142 North Woodland Boulevard, Deland FL 32720, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within Circa 1885 (within shouting distance of this marker); The Opera House (within shouting distance of this marker); First Movie House (within shouting distance of this marker); The First Post Office (within shouting distance of this marker); First Public Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Landis-Fish Building (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); First Commercial Store (about 300 feet away); The Haven Block (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in DeLand.
More about this marker. At the time of this page's submission to the database, the building is home to Bill & Frank's Brickhouse Grill. The building is located in the Downtown DeLand Historic District (a National Historic District).
Categories. • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 6, 2011, by Glenn Sheffield of Tampa, Florida. This page has been viewed 442 times since then and 29 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on August 6, 2011, by Glenn Sheffield of Tampa, Florida. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.