Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Catawissa in Columbia County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Catawissa Friends Meeting

 
 
Catawissa Friends Meeting Marker image. Click for full size.
August 11, 2011
1. Catawissa Friends Meeting Marker
Inscription. Click to hear the inscription.  The nearby friends meeting-house, built about 1775, was the place of worship for early Quaker settlers among the pioneers of this region. Catawissa itself was laid out by William Hughes, a Berks County Quaker.
 
Erected 1947 by Pennsylvania Historical and Museum Commission.
 
Location. 40° 57.052′ N, 76° 27.686′ W. Marker is in Catawissa, Pennsylvania, in Columbia County. Marker is on South Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Catawissa PA 17820, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Fort McClure (approx. 3.1 miles away); Wyoming Path (approx. 3.1 miles away); Replica of the Statue of Liberty (approx. 3.3 miles away); 445-447 Market Street (approx. 3.4 miles away); 419 Market Street (approx. 3.4 miles away); 401 Market Street (approx. 3.4 miles away); First Presbyterian Church (approx. 3.4 miles away); 325 Market Street (approx. 3 miles away).
 
Categories. Churches & Religion
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 19, 2011. This page has been viewed 460 times since then and 15 times this year. Photo   1. submitted on August 19, 2011. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
 
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Photo of meetinghouse. • Can you help?
Paid Advertisement