Georgetown in Williamson County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Macedonia Baptist Church
When the need for a more permanent church home became evident, trustees Robert Lewis, W. Stevenson, and George Ross selected this site upon which to build a sanctuary. The small frame structure was used by Macedonia church members until a new building was erected in 1914. Additional facilities have been constructed as needed over the years.
Affiliated with the La Grange Baptist District Association since 1885, Macedonia Baptist church has hosted district meetings several times. Many of the associationís leaders throughout the years have been members of this congregation.
An important part of the religious heritage of Georgetown, the Macedonia Baptist church continues to be a source of strength and service for the community.
Erected 1986 by the Texas Historical Commission.
Location. 30° 38.453′ N, 97° Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 206 Martin Luther King Dr, Georgetown TX 78626, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Wesley Chapel A.M.E. Church ( about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Site of Marshall-Carver High School ( about 400 feet away); Old Georgetown Cemetery ( about 400 feet away); Railroad Produce Warehouse ( approx. 0.2 miles away); Williamson County Jail ( approx. 0.2 miles away); M.B. Lockett Building ( approx. 0.3 miles away); Judge Greenleaf Fisk ( approx. 0.3 miles away); Chief Justice John Edward Hickman ( approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Georgetown.
Categories. • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 11, 2008, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. This page has been viewed 1,146 times since then and 48 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on January 11, 2008, by Keith Peterson of Cedar Park, Texas. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.