Philadelphia in Philadelphia County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
At the time of the Battle of
Germantown, October 4, 1777, it
was used as a British field
Lafayette, on his second visit
to the United States was
entertained here July 20, 1825.
-------- • --------
Tablet erected on the 150th anniversary of battle
by the citizens of Germantown and vicinity.
Erected 1927 by Citizens of Germantown & Vicinity.
Location. 40° 2.4′ N, 75° 10.705′ W. Marker is in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, in Philadelphia County. Marker is on Germantown Avenue south of W Walnut Lane, on the left when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 6026 Germantown Avenue, Philadelphia PA 19144, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. The Public School of Germantown (a few steps from this marker); Ora Washington (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Rittenhouse (about 600 feet away); First Mennonite Church in America (about 600 feet away); Landing of the German Colonists (approx. ¼ mile away); The Johnson House Battle of Germantown Monument (approx. 0.3 miles away); Ebenezer Maxwell Mansion (approx. 0.3 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Philadelphia.
Also see . . .
1. Wyck's History. Wyck Historic House and Garden website. (Submitted on September 3, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
2. Wyck in Upper Germantown. Historic Germantown website. (Submitted on September 3, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.)
Categories. • War, US Revolutionary •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on September 3, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey. This page has been viewed 301 times since then and 24 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on September 3, 2011, by Bill Coughlin of North Arlington, New Jersey.