Charleston in Charleston County, South Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
John McKee House
as shown on the
was owned and
occupied in the
late 18th century
by John McKee,
Erected 1971 by The Preservation Society of Charleston, S.C.
Location. 32° 46.392′ N, 79° 55.937′ W. Marker is in Charleston, South Carolina, in Charleston County. Marker is on King Street, on the left when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 44 King Street, Charleston SC 29401, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Edgar Wells House (within shouting distance of this marker); 54 King Street (within shouting distance of this marker); Miles Brewton House (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Landscape of the Enslaved (about 400 feet away); Black and White Worlds: (about 500 feet away); 39 Meeting Street (about 500 feet away); The Samuel Wainwright House (about 500 feet away); 37 Meeting Street (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Charleston.
Regarding John McKee House. A 1680 plan for the new settlement, the Grand Modell, laid out "the model of an exact
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 8, 2011, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 442 times since then and 2 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on October 8, 2011, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.