Lewes in Sussex County, Delaware — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Old Bethel Church
" We have a chapel built at Lewistown."
... from the journal of Bishop Francis Asbury,
October 23, 1790
Marker series. This marker is included in the Francis Asbury, Traveling Methodist Preacher marker series.
Location. 38° 46.531′ N, 75° 8.503′ W. Marker is in Lewes, Delaware, in Sussex County. Marker is on Mulberry Street near 3rd Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Lewes DE 19958, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within Ryves Holt House (within shouting distance of this marker); John Penrose Virden (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Old Court House (about 300 feet away); St. Peter's Episcopal Church (about 300 feet away); Burton-Ingram House (about 500 feet away); The New Devon Inn (about 500 feet away); Burton-Ingram House Addition (about 500 feet away); Lewes (about 500 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lewes.
Categories. • Churches & Religion •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 29, 2011, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 313 times since then and 16 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on November 9, 2011, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.