Dr. Brown’s Residence
Résidence du docteur Brown
Built for Dr. Brown, a dentist, in 1902, this attractive little bungalow was tangible proof that affluent residents had confidence in the future of Dawson City and were willing to put down roots. While this may have been somewhat misplaced, the building’s future was assured. Considerably altered by subsequent owners, it functions today as housing for Canada Parks Service staff members.
Erected by Parks Canada/Parcs Canada.
Location. 64° 3.547′ N, 139° 25.727′ W. Marker is in Dawson City, Yukon Territory. Marker is at the intersection of Princess Street and Seventh Avenue on Princess Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Dawson City, Yukon Territory Y0B 1G0, Canada.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance Macaulay’s Residence (within shouting distance of this marker); Arctic Brotherhood Hall (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); Billy Bigg’s Blacksmith Shop (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); K.T.M. Company (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); Harrington’s Store (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); Northern Commercial Co. Warehouse (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); 3rd Avenue Complex (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); Rev. William Henry Judge, S.J. (approx. 0.3 kilometers away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Dawson City.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on April 15, 2018. This page originally submitted on November 9, 2011, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 473 times since then and 8 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on November 9, 2011, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.