Mesa in Maricopa County, Arizona — The American Mountains (Southwest)
Landmark Restaurant / Mesa Community College
Mormon Church 2nd Alma Chapel meeting house, 1911. Sold, 1954 to Producers Insurance Company. First Campus Mesa Community College, 1963. Converted to a restaurant in 1973.
This is the site of the original Campus of Mesa Community College, which first operated in this building on September 11, 1963, as an extension of Phoenix College, with 330 students under the leadership of President Dr. John D. Riggs. This plaque is placed here to honor the past, present and future faculty, staff and students, at the beginning of MCC'S 25th anniversary year. August 21, 1989
Location. 33° 24.883′ N, 111° 50.913′ W. Marker is in Mesa, Arizona, in Maricopa County. Marker is at the intersection of South Extension Road and West Main Street, on the right when traveling south on South Extension Road. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 809 West Main Street, Mesa AZ 85201, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Alhambra Hotel (approx. 0.8 miles away); Mesa Woman's Club House (approx. 0.9 miles away); Sirrine House (approx. one mile away); Mesa Grande Arizona's Honeymoon Trail (approx. 1.7 miles away); Mesa Pioneer Monument (approx. 1.7 miles away); Mesa (approx. 1.7 miles away); Prehistoric Irrigation in the Salt River Valley (approx. 2.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Mesa.
Categories. • Churches & Religion • Education • Industry & Commerce •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on November 27, 2011, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 536 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on November 27, 2011, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.