Hanover in York County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Culture and Entertainment
Hanover has the eighth largest pipe organ in the world with 231 stops and 14,341 pipes, the Austin organ at St. Matthew Lutheran Church.
Forest Park, located south of Mt. Olivet Cemetery, was an amusement park from its beginnings as Eichelberger Park in 1904 until it closed in 1967. It offered a roller coaster, merry-go-round, roller skating rink, theater, thrill rides, band concerts, a picnic area, vaudeville acts, and dancing to live orchestras.
Location. 39° 48.032′ N, 76° 58.968′ W. Marker is in Hanover, Pennsylvania, in York County. Marker is at the intersection of Broadway and Carlisle St., on the left when traveling south on Broadway Touch for map. Marker is on the SE corner of the town square with 7 other markers about the town of Hanover. Marker is in this post office area: Hanover PA 17331, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Inventions of Hanover (here, next to this marker); 19th Century Industrialization (here, next to this marker); Hanover in the Revolutionary war (here, next to this marker); Richard McAllister (here, next to this marker); Digges' Choice, 1737 (here, next to this marker); Hanover Architecture (here, next to this marker); 20th Century Manufacturing (here, next to this marker); Hanover's Wounded (a few steps from this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Hanover.
Related markers. Click here for a list of markers that are related to this marker. To better understand the relationship, study each marker in the order shown.
Categories. • Arts, Letters, Music • Churches & Religion • Entertainment • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 29, 2008, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,100 times since then and 13 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on January 29, 2008, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.