Fishersville in Augusta County, Virginia — The American South (Mid-Atlantic)
Woodrow Wilson Rehabilitation Center
Erected 1985 by Department of Conservation and Development. (Marker Number I-18.)
Location. 38° 6.562′ N, 78° 59.538′ W. Marker is in Fishersville, Virginia, in Augusta County. Marker is at the intersection of Jefferson Highway (U.S. 250) and Woodrow Wilson Avenue (Virginia Route 358), on the left when traveling east on Jefferson Highway. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 243 Woodrow Wilson Ave, Fishersville VA 22939, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Woodrow Wilson General Hospital (approx. half a mile away); a different marker also named Woodrow Wilson General Hospital (approx. 0.6 miles away); Tinkling Spring Church (approx. 1.7 miles away); The Barger House Avenue of Trees (approx. 3.2 miles away); First Settler's Grave (approx. 3.2 miles away); Great Indian Warrior Trading Path (approx. 3.2 miles away); United States National Military Cemetery - Staunton (approx. 3.7 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fishersville.
Also see . . .
1. Woodrow Wilson Rehabilitation Center. “The Center provides vocational training and medical interventions for people with disabilities to assist them in obtaining employment and to live more independently.” (Submitted on December 17, 2011.)
2. Woodrow Wilson Rehabilitation Center Foundation History. “WWRC was begun in 1947 when the Woodrow Wilson General Army Hospital was declared surplus and purchased by the Commonwealth of Virginia from the federal War Assets Administration. The first student enrolled on November 3, 1947. The Foundation was not formed until considerably later due in large part to the fact that rehabilitation as a profession was just emerging.” (Submitted on December 17, 2011.)
Categories. • Charity & Public Work •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 17, 2011, by J. J. Prats of Springfield, Virginia. This page has been viewed 443 times since then and 38 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on December 17, 2011, by J. J. Prats of Springfield, Virginia.
Editor’s want-list for this marker. Photos of the campus • Can you help?