San Pedro in Los Angeles County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Point Fermin Light House
Dedicated by Stephen M. White
and Rudecinda Parlors
Native Sons and Native Daughters
of the Golden West
San Pedro, California
May 2, 1940 - Built 1874
a Monument of American Seafaring
Susan B. Anthony Chapter DAR, 1974
Erected by Native Sons and Native Daughters of the Golden West * Daughters of the American Revolution.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Daughters of the American Revolution, and the Native Sons/Daughters of the Golden West marker series.
Location. 33° 42.324′ N, 118° 17.622′ W. Marker is in San Pedro, California, in Los Angeles County. Marker can be reached from Point Fermin Park south of Paseo Del Mar. Touch for map. Marker panels are on the lawn south of the light house in Point Fermin Park - south of the intersection of South Gaffey Street and Paseo Del Mar. Marker is at or near this postal address: 807 West Paseo Del Mar, San Pedro CA 90731, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 3 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Friendship Bell (approx. half Battery Osgood-Farley Historic Site (approx. half a mile away); Stephen M. White (approx. 0.6 miles away); Fort MacArthur / 500 Varas Square Historic District (approx. 1.1 miles away); Timms' Point and Landing (approx. 1.9 miles away); Terminal Island Japanese Memorial (approx. 2.3 miles away); The Warner Grand Theatre (approx. 2.3 miles away); Anna Lee Fisher - Astronaut (approx. 2.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in San Pedro.
Also see . . . Point Fermin Lighthouse. (Submitted on December 28, 2011, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings • Waterways & Vessels •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on December 28, 2011, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland. This page has been viewed 699 times since then and 60 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on December 28, 2011, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland. 7. submitted on February 12, 2012, by Richard E. Miller of Oxon Hill, Maryland. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.