Willow Street in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Founded 1791 Boehms Chapel
The Chapel, the first Methodist Church in Lancaster County, was a frequent stopping place for circuit riders of many denominations, including itinerant Bishop Francis Asbury, "the Father of American Methodism." It thus became the merger of the German-speaking United Brethren Church & the English-speaking Methodist Church, now known as the United Methodist Church.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Francis Asbury, Traveling Methodist Preacher marker series.
Location. 39° 57.644′ N, 76° 16.155′ W. Marker is in Willow Street, Pennsylvania, in Lancaster County. Marker can be reached from W. Boehm's Road 0.2 miles west of PA 272. Touch for map. Marker is at rear of Boehm's United Methodist Church parking lot. Marker is in this post office area: Willow Street PA 17584, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Boehm's Chapel (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Blacksmith Shop (approx. Millstones (approx. 1.4 miles away); Heine Weber Smokehouse (approx. 1.4 miles away); Martin Meylin’s Gunshop (approx. 2 miles away); Herr House (approx. 2 miles away); Birthplace of the Pennsylvania Rifle (approx. 2.4 miles away); Conestoga Navigation Company (approx. 3.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Willow Street.
Categories. • Cemeteries & Burial Sites • Churches & Religion • Notable Buildings • Notable Persons •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 3, 2008, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland. This page has been viewed 1,198 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on February 3, 2008, by Bill Pfingsten of Bel Air, Maryland.