Jackson in Hinds County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
Erected 1950 by Mississippi Historical Commission.
Marker series. This marker is included in the Mississippi State Historical Marker Program marker series.
Location. 32° 19.231′ N, 90° 10.924′ W. Marker is in Jackson, Mississippi, in Hinds County. Marker is at the intersection of North West Street and McTyere Street, on the right when traveling south on North West Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Jackson MS 39202, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Kate McWillie Powers Memorial (about 800 feet away, measured in a direct line); Fairview Inn (approx. 0.3 miles away); The "Cotton Bale" Battery (approx. half a mile away); MFWC Headquarters (approx. 0.6 miles away); Belhaven Historic District (approx. 0.7 miles away); Jitney 14 (approx. 0.7 miles away); Kennington's Mansion (approx. 0.7 miles away); Eudora Welty House (approx. ¾ mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Jackson.
Categories. • Education •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 18, 2017. This page originally submitted on January 1, 2012, by Jeff Lovorn of Florence, Mississippi. This page has been viewed 337 times since then and 14 times this year. Photos: 1. submitted on January 1, 2012, by Jeff Lovorn of Florence, Mississippi. 2, 3. submitted on July 15, 2017, by Tom Bosse of Jefferson City, Tennessee. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.