New Orleans in Orleans Parish, Louisiana — The American South (West South Central)
In 1832 it was remodeled in the style of the period by Manuel J. De Lizardi.
Restored in 1938 by L. Kemper and Leila Williams, Richard Koch, architect Occupied by the Historic New Orleans Collection since 1966.
Erected 1974 by New Orleans Landmarks Commission.
Location. 29° 57.423′ N, 90° 3.951′ W. Marker is in New Orleans, Louisiana, in Orleans Parish. Marker is on Royal Street. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 533 Royal Street, New Orleans LA 70130, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Boimaré-Macarty House (within shouting distance of this marker); Pecquet Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Tortorici’s (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Nicholas Bertoli Building (about 300 feet away); Judge Fred J. Cassibry Square (about 300 feet away); The French Opera House Girod House (about 300 feet away); Original Pierre Maspero’s Slave Exchange (about 400 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in New Orleans.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 5, 2012, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 413 times since then and 67 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on January 5, 2012, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.