Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Starkville in Oktibbeha County, Mississippi — The American South (East South Central)
 

Greensboro Street Historic District

 
 
Greensboro Street Historic District Marker image. Click for full size.
By Jeff Lovorn, December 14, 2011
1. Greensboro Street Historic District Marker
Inscription. This historic district, placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1982, contains thirty historically and architecturally significant structures built along Old Greensboro Road from 1865 to 1930. Residents have included a university president, state legislator, judge, mayors, and leaders in business and education.
 
Erected 1990 by Mississippi Department of Archives and History.
 
Marker series. This marker is included in the Mississippi State Historical Marker Program marker series.
 
Location. 33° 27.717′ N, 88° 49.3′ W. Marker is in Starkville, Mississippi, in Oktibbeha County. Marker is on Greensboro Street near Lousiville Street, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Starkville MS 39759, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Hic A Sha Ba Ha Spring (approx. 0.2 miles away); Starkville (approx. half a mile away); Grierson's Raid (approx. half a mile away); First Presbyterian Church (approx. half a mile away); W.H. "Corn Club" Smith (approx. 0.6 miles away); The Borden Milk Plant (approx. 0.7 miles away); Oktibbeha County Blues (approx. 0.8 miles away); Nash Street Historic District (approx. one mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Starkville.
 
Categories. Notable Places
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on January 14, 2012, by Jeff Lovorn of Florence, Mississippi. This page has been viewed 334 times since then and 40 times this year. Photo   1. submitted on January 14, 2012, by Jeff Lovorn of Florence, Mississippi. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.
 
Editor’s want-list for this marker. A photograph of the marker and the surrounding area in context. • Can you help?
Paid Advertisement