Jackson in Madison County, Tennessee — The American South (East South Central)
Erected by Tennessee Historical Commission. (Marker Number 4D 30.)
Location. 35° 37.387′ N, 88° 49.603′ W. Marker is in Jackson, Tennessee, in Madison County. Marker is on Lambuth Boulevard south of Linden Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Jackson TN 38301, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within one mile of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Camp Beauregard (approx. half a mile away); David Crockett (approx. ¾ mile away); Andersons & Claytons Memorial (approx. ¾ mile away); Monroe Dunaway Anderson 1873-1939 / Anderson, Clayton & Company (approx. 0.8 miles away); Riverside Cemetery (approx. 0.8 miles away); Merry High School (approx. 0.9 miles away); First United Methodist Church Butler Race Track c. 1825 / Memphis Conference Female Institute 1843-1923 (approx. one mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Jackson.
Also see . . . Lambuth University (Wikipedia). Lambuth University ceased operations in June 2011 following several years of financial difficulties. The University of Memphis acquired the campus, now known as The University of Memphis - Lambuth Campus. (Submitted on February 8, 2012, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.)
Categories. • Education •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 6, 2012, by Russ Keltner of Milan, Tennessee. This page has been viewed 354 times since then and 10 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on February 6, 2012, by Russ Keltner of Milan, Tennessee. 3, 4. submitted on November 17, 2012, by Ken Smith of Milan, Tennessee. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.