Fort Collins in Larimer County, Colorado — The American Mountains (Southwest)
W.O. Mosman operated stores and freighting companies that supplied customers from Fort Collins to North Park and Laramie. The family owned a cattle ranch on the Michigan River and a sawmill in North Park, and in 1905, purchased the general store in Cowdrey, Colorado. Mr. Mosman served as a U.S. Commissioner for Colorado and Justice of the Peace in Walden.
On July 6, 1976, the Mosman House was the first house to be designated as a landmark by the Fort Collins Landmark Committee. It is listed on the State Register of Historic Properties and the National Register of Historic Places, December 15, 1978.
Don and Merleyn Calvin donated the Mosman House for the benefit of Colorado State University in 1981.
The Carriage Stone (Horse Block ), donated to the Pioneer Museum in 1941, was returned to the W.O. Mosman House, as part of a historical restoration project by Colorado State University in 2000.
[ Emblems included:
American Revolution Bicentennial 1776
Centennial 1876-1976 Colorado USA 76,
Colorado Historical Society,
City of Fort Collins ]
Erected by Centennial- Bicentennial Heritage Council Fort Collins, Colorado 1876 - 1976.
Location. 40° 35.141′ N, 105° 4.365′ W. Marker is in Fort Collins, Colorado, in Larimer County. Marker is on E Oak Street, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 324 E Oak Street, Fort Collins CO 80524, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Blunck House (within shouting distance of this marker); Carnegie Library (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Auntie Stone Cabin (about 500 feet away); Antoine Janis Cabin (about 500 feet away); The William C. Stover House (approx. 0.3 miles away); Donated Land for the Agricultural College (approx. 0.7 miles away); Elwood Mead (approx. 0.9 miles away); The Historic Fort Collins Weather Station (approx. 0.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fort Collins.
Regarding Mosman House. National Register of Historic Places:
Mosman House (added 1978 - - #78000865)
Also known as Andrews House
324 E. Oak St. , Fort Collins
♦ Architect, builder, or engineer: Fuller, Montezuma
♦ Architectural Style: Late Victorian
♦ Area of Significance: Architecture
♦ Period of Significance: 1875-1899
♦ Owner: Private
♦ Historic Function: Domestic
♦ Historic Sub-function: Single Dwelling
♦ Current Function: Commerce/Trade
Also see . . . Guide to Colorado historic places: sites supported by the Colorado ... By Thomas J. Noel, page 195. Mosman House (Submitted on February 7, 2012, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.)
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 7, 2012, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 656 times since then and 19 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5. submitted on February 7, 2012, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.