Texas City in Galveston County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
First Baptist Church of Texas City
Erected 2005 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 13227.)
Location. 29° 23.635′ N, 94° 54.933′ W. Marker is in Texas City, Texas, in Galveston County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of 9th Avenue North (State Highway FM 1764) and 15th Street N, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Located in the parking lot south of the church. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1400 9th Ave N, Texas City TX 77590, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 2 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Texas City (approx. 0.3 miles Sociedad Mutualista Mexicana in Texas City (approx. 0.9 miles away); Booker T. Washington School (approx. one mile away); Anchor from Freighter Grand Camp (approx. 1.4 miles away); Texas City Dike (approx. 1.4 miles away); First Aero Squadron (approx. 1.4 miles away); William Jefferson Jones (approx. 1.4 miles away); Shoal Point and Half Moon Shoal Lighthouse (approx. 1.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Texas City.
Also see . . . First Baptist Church of Texas City. (Submitted on February 16, 2012, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.)
Categories. • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 15, 2012, by Jim Evans of Houston, Texas. This page has been viewed 392 times since then and 31 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on February 15, 2012, by Jim Evans of Houston, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.