Fort Worth in Tarrant County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Erected 1998 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 12201.)
Location. 32° 45.228′ N, 97° 19.837′ W. Marker is in Fort Worth, Texas, in Tarrant County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Main Street and East 5th Street (Texas Highway 280), on the right when traveling north. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 601 Main St, Fort Worth TX 76102, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Amon G. Carter, Sr. (1879-1955) (within shouting distance The Wild Bunch (within shouting distance of this marker); Opera Houses & Theaters (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Land Title Building (about 400 feet away); Flying Machines (about 400 feet away); Grand Hotels (about 500 feet away); First Christian Church of Fort Worth (about 600 feet away); Gamblers & Gunfights (about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fort Worth.
Also see . . . Blackstone Hotel (Fort Worth, Texas). Wikipedia (Submitted on February 19, 2012, by Bernard Fisher of Mechanicsville, Virginia.)
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on September 14, 2016. This page originally submitted on February 18, 2012, by Denise Boose of Tehachapi, California. This page has been viewed 484 times since then and 60 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on February 18, 2012, by Denise Boose of Tehachapi, California. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.