Fort Valley in Peach County, Georgia — The American South (South Atlantic)
Erected 1954 by Georgia Historical Commission. (Marker Number 111-1.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the Georgia Historical Society/Commission marker series.
Location. 32° 33.223′ N, 83° 53.28′ W. Marker is in Fort Valley, Georgia, in Peach County. Marker is on West Church Street 0 miles west of Anderson Avenue, on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. The marker stands in front of the Peach County Courthouse. Marker is at or near this postal address: 205 West Church Street, Fort Valley GA 31030, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 12 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. James A. Everett (a few steps from this marker); Confederate Dead St. Luke’s Episcopal Church (approx. one mile away); Home of Samuel Henry Rumph (approx. 7.5 miles away); Gen. John B. Gordon (approx. 10.7 miles away); Governor John Houston (approx. 11.1 miles away); Perry Methodist Church (approx. 11.2 miles away); Perry United Methodist Church (approx. 11.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Fort Valley.
Categories. • Political Subdivisions •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 1, 2012, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. This page has been viewed 444 times since then and 41 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on March 1, 2012, by David Seibert of Sandy Springs, Georgia. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.