Charleston in Charleston County, South Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
Hugh P. Cameron,
a crockery merchant, as his residence.
In 1892, David Bentschner,
a clothing merchant,
purchased the home and changed
the interior to Colonial Revival.
The front gate, carrying his initials,
was added at that time.
Erected by The College of Charleston.
Location. 32° 46.986′ N, 79° 56.345′ W. Marker is in Charleston, South Carolina, in Charleston County. Marker is on Bull Street, on the left when traveling east. Touch for map. Located between Pitt and Coming Streets. Marker is at or near this postal address: 12 Bull Street, Charleston SC 29401, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. William Blacklock House (within shouting distance of this marker); Kornahrens-Guenveur House (within shouting distance of this marker); Benjamin Lucas House (within shouting distance of this marker); Nine College Way (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); College of Charleston (about 600 feet away); Bethel Methodist Church (about 600 feet away); Elizabeth Jackson (about 700 feet away); President's House (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Charleston.
Regarding Cameron House.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 14, 2012, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina. This page has been viewed 467 times since then and 22 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on March 14, 2012, by Mike Stroud of Bluffton, South Carolina.