Groveton in Trinity County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Trinity County Courthouse
In late 1913, the county commissioners hired C.H. Page and Bros. of Austin to design a new courts building that would incorporate the 1908 records vault. Accepted in July the next year, the structure was rectilinear in plan, stretching to connect almost seamlessly to the records vault on the east side of the courthouse square. Classical Revival features include a full-height portico with paired Tuscan columns, as well as brick parapet, denticulation, corbelled window surrounds and stepped wings.
Today, the courthouse remains
Erected 2004 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 13075.)
Location. 31° 3.34′ N, 95° 7.587′ W. Marker is in Groveton, Texas, in Trinity County. Marker is at the intersection of First Street (U.S. 287) and Main Street, on the left when traveling east on First Street. Touch for map. Located in the courthouse square. Marker is at or near this postal address: 162 W First St, Groveton TX 75845, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 2 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Trinity County Seats (a few steps from this marker); Groveton (within shouting distance of this marker).
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 18, 2012, by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. This page has been viewed 373 times since then and 17 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 18, 2012, by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.