Canton in Van Zandt County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Site of 1896 Van Zandt County Courthouse
Erected 1986 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 11443.)
Location. 32° 33.38′ N, 95° 51.786′ W. Marker is in Canton, Texas, in Van Zandt County. Marker is on East Dallas Street (State Highway 64) east of South Buffalo Street (State Highway 198), on the right when traveling east. Touch for map. Located in front of the courthouse. Marker is at or near this postal address: 121 E Dallas St, Canton TX 75103, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 11 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Oran Milo Roberts (here, next to this marker); Van Zandt County Courthouse (here, Caldwell Walton Raines (a few steps from this marker); John H. Reagan (a few steps from this marker); Hillcrest Cemetery (approx. 0.2 miles away); Brady P. Gentry (approx. 10.6 miles away); The Free State of Van Zandt (approx. 10.7 miles away); Battle of the Neches (approx. 10.8 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Canton.
Categories. • Notable Buildings •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on March 26, 2012, by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. This page has been viewed 329 times since then and 50 times this year. Photos: 1, 2. submitted on March 26, 2012, by Steve Gustafson of Lufkin, Texas. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.