Mocksville in Davie County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
H. Andrew Lagle
A Half-Century of Service
Volunteer. Fireman and Fire Chief.
His extensive knowledge, expertise, and resourcefulness - His dedication and compelling sense of duty ably served the citizens of Mocksville.
Location. 35° 53.62′ N, 80° 33.78′ W. Marker is in Mocksville, North Carolina, in Davie County. Touch for map. Beside Mocksville City Hall. Marker is in this post office area: Mocksville NC 27028, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Davie County in the Civil War (a few steps from this marker); Davie County War Memorial (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Boone Memorial (about 400 feet away); The Boone Family in Davie County (approx. 1.3 miles away); Daniel Boone's Parents (approx. 1.4 miles away); Hinton R. Helper (approx. 2.3 miles away); Boone Tract (approx. 2.4 miles away); Colonel Thomas W. Ferebee (approx. 4.9 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Mocksville.
Also see . . .
1. Bulletin from the Dedication Ceremony for a plaque in the Davie County Library. A brief history of Andrew Lagle's contributions to Davie County are included on (Submitted on July 17, 2012.)
2. Picture of Andrew Lagle (with George Hairston). "His research led to the creation of the Lagle Land Grant map for Davie County." (Submitted on July 17, 2012.)
3. DigitalNC - Lagle Land Grant Map. An amazing cartographic work. (Submitted on July 17, 2012, by Michael C. Wilcox of Winston-Salem, North Carolina.)
4. DanielBooneFamily.org. Featuring an image of Lagle Map with Boone Tracts highlighted (Submitted on July 17, 2012, by Michael C. Wilcox of Winston-Salem, North Carolina.)
5. More about Lagle's important contributions (pdf file). has a good link to the map itself (Submitted on September 10, 2016, by Michael C. Wilcox of Winston-Salem, North Carolina.)
Categories. • Charity & Public Work •
Credits. This page was last revised on September 13, 2016. This page originally submitted on April 2, 2012, by Michael C. Wilcox of Winston-Salem, North Carolina. This page has been viewed 306 times since then and 25 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on April 2, 2012, by Michael C. Wilcox of Winston-Salem, North Carolina. 4. submitted on September 10, 2016, by Michael C. Wilcox of Winston-Salem, North Carolina. • Kevin W. was the editor who published this page.