Gibsonia in Allegheny County, Pennsylvania — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
Butler Short Line
Butler Short Line electric street car passed this spot as it ran between Pittsburgh and Butler carrying passengers and freight from May first, 1907 until April twenty-second, 1931.
Location. 40° 37.994′ N, 79° 57.168′ W. Marker is in Gibsonia, Pennsylvania, in Allegheny County. Marker is at the intersection of Gibsonia Road (Pennsylvania Route 910) and Ewalt Road, on the right when traveling west on Gibsonia Road. Touch for map. Just west of the intersection of Ewalt and Gibsonia Road. Marker is in this post office area: Gibsonia PA 15044, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. A different marker also named Butler Short Line (approx. 0.8 miles away); E.V. Babcock-The Father of Allegheny County Parks / Creation - Ecology - Culture (approx. 3½ miles away); USS Mars AFS-1 Ships Bell (approx. 5.3 miles away); Herb Scott (approx. 5½ miles away); Jonas Salk (approx. 5½ miles away); Borough of Bradford Woods (approx. 6.8 miles away); Trinity German Evangelical Lutheran Church (approx. 7 miles away); Kuskusky Path (approx. 7 miles away).
More about this marker. Marker is fading and getting hard to read.
Categories. • Railroads & Streetcars •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on May 13, 2012, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. This page has been viewed 510 times since then and 29 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on May 13, 2012, by Mike Wintermantel of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania.