Canyon in Randall County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
First Baptist Church
First Baptist Church organized and built Latin-American mission; initiated Bible Chair at West Texas State University; erected activity building, High Plains Assembly Grounds. Many W.T.S.U. faculty members have been active leaders in this church.
Erected 1970 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 1602.)
Location. 34° 58.798′ N, 101° 55.514′ W. Marker is in Canyon, Texas, in Randall County. Marker is at the intersection of 4th Avenue (State Highway 217) and 18th Street, on the right when traveling west on 4th Avenue. Touch for map. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1717 4th Avenue, Canyon TX 79015, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. First Methodist Church (about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); The Little House of Fellowship (about 400 feet away); Canyon Fire Department Site of Wagon Yard (about 500 feet away); Mary E. Hudspeth House (about 700 feet away); City of Canyon (about 700 feet away); Randall County Courthouse (approx. 0.2 miles away); Randall County (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Canyon.
Categories. • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 4, 2012, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. This page has been viewed 274 times since then and 32 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3. submitted on June 4, 2012, by Bill Kirchner of Tucson, Arizona. • Bernard Fisher was the editor who published this page.