Lewiston in Trinity County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Erected 2007 by Friends of the Old Lewiston Schoolhouse Library and Museum and E Clampus Virtus, Trinitarianus Chapter #62.
Marker series. This marker is included in the E Clampus Vitus marker series.
Location. 40° 42.463′ N, 122° 48.419′ W. Marker is in Lewiston, California, in Trinity County. Marker is at the intersection of Lewiston Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Lewiston CA 96052, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 7 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. The Killing of Edward José (within shouting distance of this marker); Lewiston Pioneer Cemetery (about 700 feet away, measured in a direct line); Congregational Church of Lewiston (approx. 0.2 miles away); Lewiston Hotel (approx. half a mile away); Wilson Ranch Granary (approx. ¾ mile away); Jumper Sawmill (approx. 5.6 miles away); Steel Bridge (approx. 6.3 miles away); Lowden’s Wagon Road (approx. 6.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lewiston.
Also see . . . A Bit of Lewiston History - Old Lewiston School House. Lewistown (as Lewiston was originally called), was started about 1850 by a Mr. Lewis with his Trading Post, and the town grew around his place of business and was named for him. In those days, and until about 1858, it was spelled Lewistown. (Submitted on June 9, 2012, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California.)
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 9, 2012, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 461 times since then and 45 times this year. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8. submitted on June 9, 2012, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.