Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Quincy in Plumas County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
 

Feather Publishing Co.

 
 
Feather Publishing Co. Marker image. Click for full size.
By Barry Swackhamer, May 30, 2012
1. Feather Publishing Co. Marker
Inscription.
Marker on Left:
Feather Publishing Co.
A tradition of newspapers serving Plumas County since 1866
Dedicated September 15, 1978

Marker on Right:
Commemorating 125 Years of Journalism Serving Plumas County

 
Erected 1978 by E Clampus Vitus, Las Plumas del Oro Chapter No. 8 (1990).
 
Marker series. This marker is included in the E Clampus Vitus marker series.
 
Location. 39° 56.218′ N, 120° 56.953′ W. Marker is in Quincy, California, in Plumas County. Marker can be reached from the intersection of Crescent Street (State Highway 70 / 89) and Main Street, on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. These markers may be hard to see if there are cars parked in front of the building. Marker is at or near this postal address: 1 Crescent Street, Quincy CA 95971, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Plumas County Veterans Memorial (within shouting distance of this marker); Forest Stationers (within shouting distance of this marker); World War Memorial (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line);
Feather Publishing Co. Marker image. Click for full size.
By Barry Swackhamer, May 31, 2012
2. Feather Publishing Co. Marker
The markers are on the lower building wall to the left of the automobile.
Goodwin Law Office (about 600 feet away); Plumas Club (about 600 feet away); Beckwourth Trail – American Ranch (about 600 feet away); Coburn-Variel Home (about 700 feet away); Arthur W. Keddie (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Quincy.
 
More about this marker. The Bulletin was established Aug. 11, 1866, as the Plumas National (later changed to Plumas National Bulletin, May 16, 1892) subsequently changed to its present name May 7, 1931, when it was merged with the Plumas Independent (1892-1945) on June 7, 1945. Published weekly. It is part of the Feather Publishing family of newspapers serving Plumas and Lassen counties.
 
Categories. Communications
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 19, 2012, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. This page has been viewed 381 times since then and 22 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on June 19, 2012, by Barry Swackhamer of San Jose, California. • Syd Whittle was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement