Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Pleasanton in Atascosa County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
 

Cooper Chapter No. 101, Royal Arch Masons

 
 
Cooper Chapter No. 101, Royal Arch Masons Marker image. Click for full size.
By John A Hensarling, June 23, 2012
1. Cooper Chapter No. 101, Royal Arch Masons Marker
Inscription. Chartered March 27, 1871, on petition of Master Masons of Pleasanton Lodge No. 283, A.F. and A.M., and the surrounding area. Met in upper floor of the Isaac Cooper home until 1891; over Cooper Brothers store until Masonic Hall was built in 1961. Marker in Appreciation for Royal Arch Masons past and present, 1971.
 
Erected 1971 by Texas Historical Commission. (Marker Number 1056.)
 
Location. 28° 58.21′ N, 98° 29.06′ W. Marker is in Pleasanton, Texas, in Atascosa County. Marker is at the intersection of North Main Street and Virginia Street, on the right when traveling south on North Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Pleasanton TX 78064, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 5 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Pleasanton First United Methodist Church ( approx. half a mile away); Old Rock Schoolhouse ( approx. 0.6 miles away); First Baptist Church of Pleasanton ( approx. 0.6 miles away); Pleasanton City Cemetery ( approx. 0.6 miles away); Pleasanton School Integration ( approx. 0.7 miles away); Pleasanton
Cooper Chapter No. 101, Royal Arch Masons Marker image. Click for full size.
By John A Hensarling, June 23, 2012
2. Cooper Chapter No. 101, Royal Arch Masons Marker
( approx. 0.7 miles away); St. John Evangelical Lutheran Church ( approx. 4.4 miles away); Ralph Roy Smith ( approx. 4.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Pleasanton.
 
Categories. Fraternal or Sororal Organizations
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 20, 2012, by John A Hensarling of Campbellton, Texas. This page has been viewed 519 times since then and 49 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on June 23, 2012, by John A Hensarling of Campbellton, Texas. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement