Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Indianapolis in Marion County, Indiana — The American Midwest (Great Lakes)
 

Macedonian Tribune

 
 
Macedonian Tribune Marker image. Click for full size.
By Craig Swain, December 27, 2007
1. Macedonian Tribune Marker
Inscription. Original location of the Macedonian Tribune, 20 South West Street, from 1927-1949. Founded by immigrants from Macedonia as the voice of the Macedonian Patriotic Organization, the paper continues to be published in Fort Wayne, Indiana.
 
Erected 1990 by Macedonia Patriotic Organization of the United States and Canada. (Marker Number 49.1990.1.)
 
Marker series. This marker is included in the Indiana State Historical Bureau Markers marker series.
 
Location. 39° 46.032′ N, 86° 10.012′ W. Marker is in Indianapolis, Indiana, in Marion County. Marker is at the intersection of W. Washington Street (U.S. 40) and S West Street (State Road 67), on the left when traveling west on W. Washington Street. Touch for map. It is on the southeast corner of the intersection. Marker is in this post office area: Indianapolis IN 46204, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 5 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Lincoln to the Citizens of Indiana (about 400 feet away, measured in a direct line); Here, Abraham Lincoln Said (about 500 feet away); Site of the Central Canal (approx. 0.2 miles away); The National Road
Macedonian Tribune Marker image. Click for full size.
By Mbowyer, October 1, 2006
2. Macedonian Tribune Marker
(approx. 0.2 miles away); Romanian Orthodox Church (approx. 0.2 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Indianapolis.
 
Also see . . .  About the Macedonian Tribune. (Submitted on October 2, 2006.)
 
Categories. 20th Century
 
Marker in front of the Indiana Government Center Parking Facility image. Click for full size.
By Craig Swain, December 27, 2007
3. Marker in front of the Indiana Government Center Parking Facility
Building located behind the marker. image. Click for full size.
By Mbowyer, October 1, 2006
4. Building located behind the marker.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on October 2, 2006, by M. Bowyer of Indianapolis, Indiana. This page has been viewed 1,690 times since then and 43 times this year. Photos:   1. submitted on January 7, 2008, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.   2. submitted on October 2, 2006, by M. Bowyer of Indianapolis, Indiana.   3. submitted on January 7, 2008, by Craig Swain of Leesburg, Virginia.   4. submitted on October 2, 2006, by M. Bowyer of Indianapolis, Indiana. • J. J. Prats was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement