Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Lambertville in Hunterdon County, New Jersey — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Marshall House

 
 
Marshall House Marker image. Click for full size.
By Alan Edelson, June 24, 2012
1. Marshall House Marker
Inscription. From about 1817 to 1834, home of James Wilson Marshall, who discovered gold at Sutter's Mill in California in 1848.
 
Location. 40° 21.956′ N, 74° 56.628′ W. Marker is in Lambertville, New Jersey, in Hunterdon County. Marker is on Bridge Street just east of George Street, on the right when traveling west. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Lambertville NJ 08530, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. George Coryell’s Grave (about 500 feet away, measured in a direct line); Lambertville Railroad (about 700 feet away); Mary E. Sheridan Park (approx. 0.2 miles away); Lambertville City Hall (approx. 0.2 miles away); Lambertville Railroad Shops (approx. ¼ mile away); Centenary Methodist Church (approx. 0.3 miles away); PFC. Charles L. Danberry (approx. 0.4 miles away); Ferry Landing (approx. 0.4 miles away in Pennsylvania). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Lambertville.
 
Categories. Notable Persons
 
Marshall House & Marker image. Click for full size.
By Alan Edelson, June 24, 2012
2. Marshall House & Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on June 25, 2012, by Alan Edelson of Union Twsp., New Jersey. This page has been viewed 291 times since then and 26 times this year. Photos:   1, 2. submitted on June 25, 2012, by Alan Edelson of Union Twsp., New Jersey. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement