Stoney Creek in Hamilton County, Ontario — Central Canada
Fifteen and one-half acres of
The women's Wentworth Historical Society
Given by this society to the
Niagara Parks Commission
as a National Historic Site
January 19, 1962
[Text on Second Historic Marker]:
Battlefield House (circa 1796)
Battlefield Monument (1913)
Designated under the Ontario Heritage Act
City of Stoney Creek Council
City of Stoney Creek local Architectural Conservation Advisory Committee.
Location. 43° 13.064′ N, 79° 45.964′ W. Marker is in Stoney Creek, Ontario, in Hamilton County. Marker can be reached from King Street West south of Centennial Parkway South. Touch for map. These two historic markers are both affixed to the outside front wall of the Battlefield House, one on each side of the front door. The Battlefield House is located at Battlefield Park, and is situated at the base of the ridge where the impressive Battlefield Monument is located. Marker is in this post office area: Stoney Creek, Ontario L8G, Canada.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 10 kilometers of this marker Battle of Stoney Creek (within shouting distance of this marker); The Nash-Jackson House (about 90 meters away, measured in a direct line); a different marker also named Battle of Stoney Creek (about 120 meters away); Their Fame Liveth (about 120 meters away); The Battlefield of Stoney Creek (about 150 meters away); Billy Green Monument (approx. 0.3 kilometers away); Hamilton - Scourge Project (approx. 3.6 kilometers away); HMCS Haida - NCSM Haida (approx. 9.7 kilometers away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Stoney Creek.
Also see . . .
1. Battlefield House (Stoney Creek). This is a link to information provided by Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia. (Submitted on June 26, 2012, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio.)
2. Battlefield House Museum & Park. This is a link to information provided by Friends of Battlefield House Museum & Park. (Submitted on June 26, 2012, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio.)
Categories. • War of 1812 •
Credits. This page was last revised on August 16, 2017. This page originally submitted on June 25, 2012, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio. This page has been viewed 392 times since then. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7. submitted on June 26, 2012, by Dale K. Benington of Toledo, Ohio.