Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Jamestown in Guilford County, North Carolina — The American South (South Atlantic)
 

Beard's Hat Shop

 
 
Beard's Hat Shop Marker image. Click for full size.
By Michael C. Wilcox, July 9, 2012
1. Beard's Hat Shop Marker
Inscription. William Beard made & sold hats at his well-known shop, established before 1795 and later operated by his son David. Site 1 1/3 mi. N.
 
Erected 1957 by NC Archives and Highway Departments. (Marker Number J-19.)
 
Location. 35° 59.44′ N, 79° 57.47′ W. Marker is in Jamestown, North Carolina, in Guilford County. Marker is at the intersection of Main Street and Penny Road, on the left when traveling west on Main Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Jamestown NC 27282, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within one mile of this marker, measured as the crow flies. William Reece House (approx. mile away); Home of Richard Mendenhall (approx. half a mile away); Richard Mendenhall Store (approx. 0.6 miles away); James Mendenhall House and Mill (approx. 0.6 miles away); Jamestown Friends Meeting House and Cemetery (approx. 0.6 miles away); Lord Cornwallis (approx. 0.7 miles away); Potter House (approx. 0.9 miles away); The Robbins-Holton Mill & House (approx. one mile away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Jamestown.
 
Also see . . .  NC Markers page. (Submitted on July 21, 2012, by Michael C. Wilcox of Winston-Salem, North Carolina.)
 
Categories. Notable Places
 
Beard's Hat Shop Marker image. Click for full size.
By Michael C. Wilcox, July 9, 2012
2. Beard's Hat Shop Marker
Beard's Hat Shop Marker image. Click for full size.
By Michael C. Wilcox, July 9, 2012
3. Beard's Hat Shop Marker
Beard's Hat Shop Marker image. Click for full size.
By Michael C. Wilcox
4. Beard's Hat Shop Marker
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 21, 2012, by Michael C. Wilcox of Winston-Salem, North Carolina. This page has been viewed 357 times since then and 22 times this year. Photos:   1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on July 21, 2012, by Michael C. Wilcox of Winston-Salem, North Carolina. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement