Marker Logo HMdb.org THE HISTORICAL
MARKER DATABASE
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
“Bite-Size Bits of Local, National, and Global History”
Forestburgh in Sullivan County, New York — The American Northeast (Mid-Atlantic)
 

Site of Methodist Church

 
 
Site of Methodist Church Marker image. Click for full size.
By Tara Buckstad-Russo, July 20, 2012
1. Site of Methodist Church Marker
Inscription. Site of Methodist Church organized 1838. First place of worship in Forestburgh. Building erected 1859.
 
Erected by Town of Forestburgh.
 
Location. 41° 33.018′ N, 74° 45.114′ W. Marker is in Forestburgh, New York, in Sullivan County. Marker is on County Route 43 0.4 miles from New York State Route 42. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Forestburgh NY 12777, United States of America.
 
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within 4 miles of this marker, measured as the crow flies. Agnes DeMille (a few steps from this marker); Saint Thomas Aquinas Roman Catholic Church (a few steps from this marker); Here Stood one of the Stage Coach Stations (about 600 feet away, measured in a direct line); Log Cabin (approx. 0.6 miles away); Town Hall Site (approx. 1.6 miles away); Ruddick Pond (approx. 2.3 miles away); Moore's Turning Mill and Saw Mill (approx. 3 miles away); Saint Josephs (approx. 3.4 miles away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Forestburgh.
 
Categories. Churches, Etc.
 
 
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on July 24, 2012, by Tara Buckstad-Russo of Forestburgh, New York. This page has been viewed 201 times since then and 28 times this year. Photo   1. submitted on July 24, 2012, by Tara Buckstad-Russo of Forestburgh, New York. • Bill Pfingsten was the editor who published this page.
Paid Advertisement