Georgetown in El Dorado County, California — The American West (Pacific Coastal)
Erected 1951 by California Centennials Commission, Base by Georgetown Divide Rotary Club. Dedicated October 20, 1951 by Georgetown Divide Rotary Club and James W. Marshall Chapter, E Clampus Vitus. (Marker Number 484.)
Marker series. This marker is included in the E Clampus Vitus marker series.
Location. 38° 54.397′ N, 120° 50.336′ W. Marker is in Georgetown, California, in El Dorado County. Marker is on Lower Main Street (aka Wentworth Springs Road), on the right when traveling south. Touch for map. Marker is located at the Georgetown Fire Station. Marker is at or near this postal address: 6281 Wentworth Springs Road, Georgetown CA 95634, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Georgetown Volunteer Firemen (here, next to Chief Jack Anderson (here, next to this marker); Georgetown Firehouse (here, next to this marker); Miners Club (within shouting distance of this marker); Georgetown - Pride of the Sierra / Growlersburg / E Clampus Vitus (within shouting distance of this marker); Georgetown Blues (within shouting distance of this marker); Wells Fargo Building (within shouting distance of this marker); Georgetown Hotel (within shouting distance of this marker). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Georgetown.
Regarding Georgetown. This site is a California Registered Historical Landmark (No. 484).
Categories. • Industry & Commerce • Notable Places • Settlements & Settlers •
Credits. This page was last revised on July 31, 2018. This page originally submitted on September 11, 2008, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California. This page has been viewed 2,006 times since then and 33 times this year. Last updated on July 30, 2012, by Michael Kindig of Long Beach, California. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6. submitted on September 11, 2008, by Syd Whittle of El Dorado Hills, California.