Galveston in Galveston County, Texas — The American South (West South Central)
Eaton Memorial Chapel
Half of funds provided by the Ladies' Parochial Society; half by financier Henry Rosenberg.
After city-wide fire (1885), chapel was used by St. Paul's German Presbyterian Church. Center of parish life 1900-01 and 1925-27 during church repair. Renovated in 1946 and 1966.
Erected 1970 by State Historical Survey Committee. (Marker Number 7435.)
Location. 29° 18.147′ N, 94° 47.5′ W. Marker is in Galveston, Texas, in Galveston County. Marker is at the intersection of 22nd Street and Ball Street, on the left when traveling north on 22nd Street. Touch for map. Marker is in this post office area: Galveston TX 77550, United States of America.
Other nearby markers. At least 8 other markers are within walking distance of this marker. Trinity Protestant Episcopal Church ( here, next to this marker); The Galveston Movement ( about 300 feet away, measured in a direct line); Congregation B'nai Israel Synagogue ( about 400 feet away); Confederate Mariner: Leon Smith ( about 500 feet away); Galveston in the Republic of Texas ( about 500 feet away); The Rosenberg Library ( about 500 feet away); The Rt. Rev. Monsignor James Martin Kirwin ( about 600 feet away); Exploration [of Galveston] ( about 600 feet away). Touch for a list and map of all markers in Galveston.
Regarding Eaton Memorial Chapel. This chapel is part of Trinity Protestant Episcopal Church.
Categories. • Churches, Etc. •
Credits. This page was last revised on June 16, 2016. This page originally submitted on August 1, 2012, by Jim Evans of Houston, Texas. This page has been viewed 366 times since then and 42 times this year. Last updated on August 7, 2012, by Jim Evans of Houston, Texas. Photos: 1, 2, 3, 4. submitted on August 1, 2012, by Jim Evans of Houston, Texas. 5. submitted on August 7, 2012, by Jim Evans of Houston, Texas. • Craig Swain was the editor who published this page.